New details are coming in about the Teen Choice Awards. This year’s blowout is being broadcast live on August 11 from 8 to 10 p.m. EST on Fox. Sunday will never be the same, if history is any kind of barometer of upcoming fun.
There’s a lot to talk about, so let’s get going. The first bit of news is that One Direction will perform their song “Best Song Ever” to open the show. For those who have been living in a cave on the dark side of the moon, “Best Song Ever” is the song from One Direction’s movie trailer. But if you were in a cave on the moon, you probably haven’t seen the clip OR heard the song.
New nominees have been announced too. Check this out.
- Actors Channing Tatum, Tom Hardy, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Rico Rodriguez and Adam DeVine have all been nominated for various awards against the likes of Melissa McCarthy, Sir Ben Kingsley and Javier Bardem.
- New nominees for Choice Single Male Artist include Justin Timberlake, Robin Thicke, Pitbull, Bruno Mars and Justin Bieber. It’s anybody’s guess who’ll win from this star-packed lineup.
- Macklemore amp; Ryan Lewis might be the favorites going into the Choice Single: Group competition with their ever-present hit “Thrift Shop.” Of course, Icona Pop’s infectious dance rave “I Love It” could always pull an upset. Other nominees are One Direction’s “Live While We’re Young,” Maroon 5′s “Love Somebody” and Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky.”
- Perennial candidate Taylor Swift will be slugging it out with Miley Cyrus, Demi Lovato and Selena Gomez for Choice Single: Female Artist. Maybe Selena’s role in “Spring Breakers” snagged her a few more fans.
- It’s hard to imagine someone beating Psy for Choice Music Breakout Artist, but Ed Sheerman, Ariana Grande, Emeli Sande and Candice Glover are going to try. Good luck. “Gangnam Style” was such a phenomenon when it broke, it can’t lose. It was everywhere at the same time.
- The award for Choice Music Breakout Group should be competitive. Any of the nominees had breakout years, so it’s hard to predict who might win between Mackelmore amp; Ryan Lewis, Imagine Dragons, Emblem3, the Lumineers and Icona Pop. If I had to place money on it, I’d pick Mackelmore amp; Ryan Lewis.
You can hang around your house and watch the Teen Choice Awards, or you can get on over to VIP Concierge for VIP tickets to the rockingest awards show on TV. You can also get passes to the outrageous afterparty that follows the broadcast. Nothing beats the excitement of a live awards show, and nobody delivers like VIP Concierge.